- 1 package Spice Cake Mix (15.25 oz.)
- 1-cup water
- ½ cup Gourmet Apple Spread
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) container of Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 Packages of Chocolate Candy Coating or Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package of Cake Pop Sticks (you can pick them up at a craft store)
- 1 Package of Cake Pop Wrappers (you can pick them up at a craft store)
- 1 Cake Pop Stand (you can pick it up at a craft store)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat Cake mix, water, eggs and Southern Okie Gourmet Apple Spread on low for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
Cake Pop Directions
- Crumble up 13x9 spiced cake into large bowl
- Add 1 container of cream cheese icing
- Mix up really well with hand and form in to 1 inch balls
- Place 1 inch balls in a large bowl and freeze for 1 hour, this will help with dipping them in chocolate.
- Add Candy Coating/Chocolate Chips into large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then in 30 second increments, checking that the chocolate doesn’t scorch, until it is smooth and melted.
- Once chocolate melts, dip tip of white Cake Pop stick in chocolate to help hold the cake ball in place and not slide down the stick.
- With chocolate dipped stick, puncture cake ball until firmly placed on stick.
- Once secure on stick, dip entire Cake Pop into melted chocolate, and roll around until entire Cake Pop is covered.
- Place on Cake Pop Stand until chocolate hardens.
Once chocolate forms a hard shell and dries, place Cake Pop into clear plastic (treat) wrapper. Tie any color ribbon you would like around the clear wrapper. Display in a beautiful vase, jar…etc., or give as gifts.