- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ lb. sausage (Pork, Chicken or Vegetarian)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup dry chestnuts, diced (optional)
- 1 jar Southern Okie Gourmet Apple Spread
- 2 Tbsp. sage, chopped1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 loaf of day old bread, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add oil to heated saucepan.
Render sausage until lightly browned. Drain off fat except 1-2 Tbsp.
Add onions, celery, Southern Okie Gourmet Apple Spread, sauté until onions are translucent.
Add stock, garlic, chestnuts and butter and bring to a simmer.
Place cubed bread in large bowl and pour mixture over it. Add sage, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. If stuffing is too dry, add more stock.
Place in casserole dish, cover with foil and cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Uncover and cook for additional 10-15 minutes.