- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- ½ lb. Italian sausage
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Southern Okie Gourmet Pumpkin Spread
- ½ cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook Pasta according to package directions.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with olive oil, cook the sausage, ground pork, mushrooms and, onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in the broth, Southern Okie Gourmet Pumpkin Spread, wine, sage, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Drain pasta; add to the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve..