- 1 package strawberry gelatin (3 oz.)
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 box of golden cake mix (18.25 oz.)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup Gina's Southern Style Gourmet Strawberry Spread (9 oz.)
- 1 box confectioner sugar (16 oz.)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup Gina's Southern Style Gourmet Strawberry Spread
Preheat oven to 350°. In small bowl dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl combine the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs one at a time. Beat to mix. Stir in half a jar of strawberry spread and the gelatin mixture. Bake in two greased and sugared 9-inch cake pans for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool. Cover top and sides with strawberry frosting.
For the strawberry frosting, in a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the confectioner sugar and butter. Add the remaining strawberry spread and mix until the frosting is moistened.
*Optional – Add a thin layer of strawberry spread between cake layers on top of frosting.