- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant banana pudding mix
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (8oz)
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (16oz), thawed
- 1 jar Gina's Southern Style Gourmet Strawberry Spread (9oz)
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce (warmed)
- 14 maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Preheat oven 350°. Coat two 8” cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs until smooth. Stir in pineapple then pour the batter into the cake pans, dividing equally. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine ¾ container whipped topping and strawberry spread (reserving ¼ cup) and mix well. Place one cake layer on a serving plate and cover with ¼ cup of reserved strawberry spread. Add whipped topping on to strawberry spread layer and place second cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides of cake with whipped topping strawberry mixture. Sprinkle toasted walnuts and drizzle with hot fudge sauce (warm for 5 seconds, not too much or you will melt the frosting). Place cherries around the edges of the cake. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.